Learn SEO From The Experts
Browse these SEO resources by topic to learn more about SEO!
In order to do SEO successfully, you have to understand the basics of how it works. Below you can read about what is considered a good budget for SEO, how to know if your SEO is working, what SEO stands for and how it’s used, and more.
- What Is SEO Used For?
- What Does SEO Stand For?
- Types of SEO
- What Is Off-Page SEO?
- What Is On-Page SEO?
- What Is Technical SEO?
- What’s a Good Budget for SEO?
- How Long Does It Take to See the Results of SEO?
- The Importance of Long-Tail SEO
- SEO Basics for Traditional Marketers
- SEO Checklist
- SEO Glossary
- SEO Questionnaire
- SEO Strategies
- SEO Statistics
- 15 SEO Tips for Beginners
- SEO Support & Help Guide
- Website SEO: How to Optimize Your Website
Keywords are critical to SEO. Use the following SEO resources to learn how to find, integrate, and rank for the keywords that matter most to your business.
What do search engines have to do with SEO? Everything. Learn all about search engines and how to optimize your website with these resources:
- SEO for Bing
- SEO for Yahoo
- SEO for Google
- What Are the Differences Among Google, Yahoo, and Bing?
- What Is A Google Algorithm?
- How Does Google Determine Authority?
- What Is a Google Knowledge Panel?
- 8 Google SERPs Features Worth Optimizing
- 5 Ways to Get Your Site Included in Rich Answers
- Search Engine Optimization Google: How to Improve Rankings on Google
- 5 Tips for Driving More Google Traffic to Your Website
- Why Can’t My Website Be Found On Google?
Learn the basics of how SEO can impact your company, from driving website traffic to increasing sales with these search engine optimization resources:
Use these resources to get started with SEO, like by learning how to create and SEO strategy!
On-page SEO refers to any optimization that you’re able to control and include on your website. Since there are so many different tactics for on-page SEO, we put together a list of articles that can guide you toward success.
Learn technical SEO, which involves optimizing your website’s backend for search, with these SEO resources:
Google uses a highly complex algorithm to determine how websites rank in search results. One of the components Google considers is links. Below are some helpful articles about things like the number of backlinks you need and link building strategies.
- What Is Link Building?
- Do Outbound Links Affect SEO?
- How Important Are Backlinks?
- How Many Backlinks Do I Need?
- How to Build Links On Wikipedia
- Is SEO Backlinking Ethical?
- Why Isn’t Our Link Building Working?
- Natural Link Building Strategies
- Nofollow vs. Dofollow Links
- What Is Backlink Analysis?
- What Is Internal Linking And Does It Matter?
- How Do You Increase Domain and Page Authority?
Get the scoop on how to build a presence in local search results with these SEO resources for beginners:
- Local SEO for Multiple Locations
- Local Citations
- How to Target Multiple Cities With SEO
- Local SEO Ranking Factors
- Local SEO Audits
- Local Listing Management Tools
- Steps to Optimize Your Google My Business Profile
- How to Improve Your Local Business’s Google Visibility – 12 Things to Remember
SEO and Content
Content is a critical part of every SEO strategy. Check out these SEO resources to learn how to get started with SEO content:
- Why Does Search Intent Matter to SEO?
- What Is Good SEO Content?
- SEO Content Strategy
- 7+ SEO Writing Tips for Creating Copy That Converts
- What Is Thin Content?
- Content Marketing Trends | 6 Content Marketing Trends to Focus On
- How Blogging Helps SEO
- Blog Structure for SEO
- User-Generated Content for SEO | 5 Ways User-Generated Content Impacts SEO
- SEO for Infographics
SEO and PPC
Learn the basics of bringing SEO and PPC together with this compilation of resources:
SEO and CMS
Use a content management system (CMS)? You probably do. Here is what you need to know about SEO and your CMS:
SEO entails following certain protocols and best practices to make your website rank highly in online search results. This can raise various questions and concerns among clients. Our goal with the articles below is to answer any question or concern you may have and lead you to success with SEO!
- Does SEO Really Work?
- Does Domain Matter for SEO?
- Does SEO Work for Small Businesses?
- How Does SEO Work?
- How Long Does Search Engine Optimization Take?
- How Much Does SEO Cost?
- Is SEO Important for Every Business?
- Is SEO Affordable?
- Is SEO an Ongoing Process?
- Is SEO Different for Mobile?
- Is SEO from Upwork Worth It?
- Is SEO Still Relevant?
- Should I Optimize Every Page On My Website?
- Are Comments On Your Page Good for SEO?
- Can I Improve My SEO by Owning Multiple Websites?
If you know the basics of SEO, you might be looking for more in-depth information. These articles discuss the more detailed and intricate parts of SEO to give you an advantage over your competitors.
- SEO for Subdomains
- SEO for Niche Markets
- SEO for Tumblr
- Negative SEO
- SEO Automation
- Predictive SEO
- Why Seasonal SEO Matters
- Updating Your SEO for the New Year
- How to Build SEO Silos
- How to Rebrand and Relocate Your Site Without Losing SEO Power
- How to Recover From A Google Penalty
- How to Use iBeacons for Your Local Business
- How to Optimize for Visual Search
- How to Set Up Lazy Loading for Optimal SEO Results
- Dark Search and How It Affects You
- UX and SEO | 4 UX Tips for Improving Your SEO
- SEO for Multiple Domains: Your Multiple Domain Strategy
- What Is Organic SEO? And Why It’s a Game-Changer for Your Business
- Onsite SEO: 6 Crucial Components of Onsite SEO
Looking to learn more about voice SEO? Check out these beginner SEO resources for voice search!
Looking for SEO resources to showcase SEO’s benefits? Look no further with this compilation of in-depth articles:
Wondering if it’s time to outsource your SEO? These resources can help:
- What Is an SEO Company?
- 9 Signs You Need Professional SEO Help
- 5 Signs Your SEO Is Outdated
- Should I Do SEO Myself?
- Small Business SEO Consultant: Your Guide to SMB SEO Consulting
- How to Hire SEO Experts Like a Pro — 12 Key Questions to Ask
- SEO Professionals: What They Do & 5 Reasons to Hire an Expert
- SEO Partner: 7 Tips for Finding the Best Google SEO Partner
Additional Channels and Strategies
Discover additional digital marketing strategies that your business can use to increase its online visibility, plus drive leads and revenue.
Learn SEO from the experts: Your guide to SEO
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is becoming increasingly important in the world of digital marketing. With millions of active websites on the Internet, it’s vital that your website ranks well in search engine results pages (SERPs) so it is visible to Internet users.
It’s important to learn SEO to boost your business’s visibility in search results, so you drive more qualified traffic to your website that turns into revenue.
Keep reading to learn more about SEO, including answers to questions like:
- What is SEO?
- Why is SEO important?
- How do you do SEO?
- What SEO techniques should you avoid?
If you need help getting your SEO strategy off the ground, WebFX has a team of SEO experts ready to help. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our SEO services!
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving a website’s ranking.
SEO involves optimizing your website to rank in relevant search results and rank better in them. This strategy is organic, meaning you can’t pay to improve your rankings –– you must improve your ranking through optimization.
Why is SEO important?
SEO is incredibly important to the success of any website. If you want people to find you when they search online, you must optimize your site to rank better in search results.
Here are just a few of the many benefits to learning SEO and implementing it:
- Improved credibility: The higher your website ranks on search engines like Google and Bing, the more credible you will appear to visitors. When you rank higher, people trust your website has the information they need, so they visit it.
- Improved traffic: The higher you rank on Google, the more traffic you will get. With SEO, you can also improve the quality of your traffic by targeting specific keywords that are relevant to your audience.
- Trackable return on investment (ROI): When you invest in SEO, you can track your return on investment (ROI) to see if it’s driving the results you desire. Tracking your ROI enables you to adjust your strategy to improve the results.
Learn SEO: The basics of SEO
Now that you learned what SEO is and why this strategy is important, you can learn SEO to start optimizing your website for search engines.
Here are some basic components you need to know to get your SEO campaign off the ground:
You’ll want to focus on long-tail keywords when performing research.
Long-tail keywords are phrases containing three or more words, like “women’s purple rain boots.” There is less competition for long-tail keywords, so you can rank higher in search results.
Additionally, since long-tail keywords are specific, they drive more qualified traffic to your business, which leads to more revenue.
Content and link building
Content and link building are critical to the success of SEO. When publishing content, try to have a consistent schedule and make sure that your content is informative and matches user search intent.
When you publish content, you want people to link to it to build your backlink profile. Backlinks send signals of trust to Google, which can help improve your website’s ranking.
To build your backlink profile, try conducting outreach to other sites. If you publish great content, you are likely to attract natural links as well.
If Google and other search engines can’t see your site, you won’t rank in search results and will miss out on valuable traffic for your company. An easy way to tell if your site is indexed in Google and Bing is to search “site:nameofyoursite.com.”
This search will return all indexed pages.
User experience is one of the most important ranking factors for Google. If people bounce from your website, it signals to Google that your website delivers a poor user experience or doesn’t have the information people need.
To ensure you deliver a great user experience, check that your website is easy to navigate and easy for users to find the information they need. You’ll want to ensure that your website is organized, aesthetically pleasing, and functional to deliver the best user experience.
SEO techniques to avoid
When looking at techniques to improve your SEO, you’ll come across some tactics that seem like a good idea, but end up hurting your website in the long run. These tactics are known as black-hat SEO techniques.
Black-hat SEO refers to strategies used to boost SEO quickly that go against search engine guidelines. Here are some techniques you must avoid:
- Keyword stuffing: This refers to overloading your website with keywords in an unnatural way to try to get your pages to rank for that term. Keywords should always be inserted naturally within the text and should never be overused.
- Paid links: Links should never be paid for, as it hurts your website’s credibility. Work to build your backlink profile
- Plagiarized content: Google can detect plagiarized and duplicate content. Don’t take content from other people’s websites or publish the same content repeatedly on your website, as it can impact your ranking.
Learn how SEO can drive revenue with SEO services
If you want to begin optimizing your website but don’t have the time, WebFX can help! WebFX is a full-service digital marketing agency that specializes in all aspects of Internet marketing, including SEO.
Our team of over 450 marketing professionals knows how to create SEO campaigns that grow our clients’ businesses. We’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue and over 7.8 million leads for our clients in the past five years.